I like to tweet interesting stories and articles during the week (follow me @MrEpid); if you follow me you might have seen these links already:
- In the Stanley Cup Finals, Anton Volchenkov of the New Jersey Devils took a stick to the face. JoNana at The Backhand Shelf describes what this looks like medically. WARNING: Not for the faint of heart
- Presenting girls with stereotypically feminine STEM role models might actually discourage them from pursuing those fields. For another perspective, check out this post on the BPS Research Digest. I wonder how the Science Cheerleaders will be taking this news..
- More public health news: How are the organizers of London 2012 preparing for public health issues?
- This should make people upset: A new journal promises open access and peer review for only $99! I don’t like the idea of open peer review personally, but I can see the merits of providing it for people.
- Finally, the TTC, as it would appear in Mario Bros. 3.
Have a great weekend!