I’m going to move this post to Fridays, since it seems like the weekends are busy days for people. Let me know if you prefer the Friday or Saturday updates.
I like to tweet interesting stories and articles during the week (follow me @MrEpid); if you follow me you might have seen these links already:
- The above video is from Google’s Glass project, developed by their top secret Google X lab.
- The Canadian Government will no longer police the accuracy of food labels? There’s no way this ends badly
- Toronto Mayor’s weight loss plan is a public health disaster
- The Biggest Loser promotes weight bias. Not surprising for a show that promotes unhealthy weight loss and has contestants actively destroying pictures of their previous selves (seriously, this week they had them firing baseballs at pictures of themselves)
- Finally, for my Australia and New Zealand-based readers, there’s a scholarship available for women in science through L’Oreal Australia