I like to tweet interesting stories and articles during the week (follow me @MrEpid); if you follow me you might have seen these links already. There are lots of awesome stories today, so please check them out:
- We had a great turnout from my department at the Frontenac, Lennox and Addington County Science fair! I’ll be blogging about my thoughts this week
- A professor at University of Mary Washington hopes to fund a free course through Kickstarter
- A great article that likens public health and policy in Canada to being trapped in Superman’s Phantom Zone. The nerd in me was thrilled to find that, and *has* to find a way to work it into my PhD
- Dr Yoni Freedhoff of Weighty Matters was on a roll this week. First, he tore apart the study that “showed” eating chocolate was good for you, then attacks those who use their own experience to show that “anyone can lose weight”
- How to meditate in 3 minutes!
- 11 tips to becoming a more productive blogger (although this applies to grad students too)
- Remember my post on Typhoid Mary? Michelle Ziegler over at Contagions wrote a phenomenal post about what *makes* a super spreader
- Finally, a post by David Kroll about scientists giving interviews
Have a great weekend!
Leave a Reply