I like to tweet random things (follow me @MrEpid), but for those who don’t use Twitter, here are some interesting posts I’ve come across this past week:
- The above pic is from a series entitled “Biostats Ryan Gosling.” It’s taken my department by storm, and my labmate Katie has made him our Official Lab Mascot ™
- An essay written by Dan Savage caused a bit of an uproar this week, when a reader responded “Hello, I am Fat.” Lindy West (the author) makes some great arguments, including “You are not concerned about my health. Because if you were concerned about my health, you would also be concerned about my mental health, which has spent the past 28 years being slowly eroded by statements like the above.” Dan Savage responds here.
- 17 year old Angela Zhang won $100,000 for discovering a cancer-killing nanoparticle. I don’t know about you guys, but at 17 I was figuring out how to play pool, and trying to get my Bon Jovi tribute band off the ground.
- A great article on the Huffington Post with public speaking tips. While the article is aimed at women, both genders can benefit from the author’s advice.
- Friend of the blog Travis Saunders writes about how research doesn’t exist in a vacuum
- Yoni Freedhoff got a book deal!
Have a great weekend everybody!
December 11, 2011 at 8:58 am
Thanks for the shout out Atif!
December 13, 2011 at 10:17 am
Anytime! I’m looking forward to the book!