I like to tweet random things (follow me @MrEpid), but for those who don’t use Twitter, here are some interesting posts I’ve come across this past week:
- A joke about Epidemiologists! (Thanks to Ray for the link!)
- The JAYFK reports that Time magazine recommends people stop buying alternative flu remedies
- Ben Goldacre (he of Bad Science), comments on a recent paper published in Nature, where academic were found to make fundamental mistakes when reporting and choosing statistical tests
- Denmark introduces a “fat tax” based on the amounts of saturated fats in a product (Thanks to Karen for the link!)
- Dr Arya Sharma talks about whether an obesity NGO can take money from “Big Food” and remain ethical
- Finally, an absolutely beautiful time-lapse video of the northern lights in Finland (be sure to watch this in HD).
Have a great weekend everybody!